The Honeywell RTH7500D is a low voltage 2 stage heating and cooling thermostat. While its it marketed as a universal thermostat meaning I can work with heat pumps systems our research shows that it was not the best thermostat for heat pump systems
The RTH7500D is 7-Day Programmable Thermostat with Backlight offers nearly effortless programming with an extra-large display that is straightforward and user friendly. It has precise temperature control to keep your house the optimal temperature when you are home and away. It is easy to program and retains its memory after a power outage.
- Includes a display that is easy-to-read, even in dimly lit rooms and hallways
- Has a filter change reminder that keeps your heating/cooling system operating at peak performance
- Features smart response and auto change technology so you are comfortable at your programmed times
- 4 program periods per day program weekdays and weekends
- Has a backlight
- Large LCD Screen
- Doesn’t have a vacation mode.
- Manual can be tricky to read
- Doesn’t use swing control
- 84 Program options can be tough to navigate
The Aube by Honeywell, Line Voltage Thermostat, TH115-A-240D Is For :
- Home Owners Of Heating and Cooling Central Air System
- Home Owners looking for straight forward display and buttons
- Home Owners looking to lower their utility bills
The reviews for the Honeywell RTH7500D are nothing short of spectacular. Of the 123 reviews we were able to find online , 74 people gave it 5 star rating.
This was as easy to install as either of the other two I have installed. That is to say, extremely easy.
I have been using this thermostat for about 3 weeks and so far it has been pretty good. One thing I will say is to listen/read to the directions for the wiring very carefully.
does what a thermostat ought to do rather than what most of them actually do. Let me also say I have four of these in three different houses and several years of use.
I installed this thermostat and removed my old Honeywell mercury round thermostat from the wall. We wanted to reduce our natural gas and electric consumption, save money, improve our home’s temperature control and comfort.
About D.Benjamin: I spent 5 years working as an HVAC Commercial Sales Rep. My territory was Boston, MA to Bangor, Maine. After 5 years of cold calls, doors being slammed in my face and dealing with more problems than sales, I started an internet eCommerce, which led to a warehouse, which led to a Brick and Mortar
Store. Between the two businesses I sold a large selection of home improvement products including lights, faucets, sinks, water heaters, heating equipment,ventilation & air conditioner equipment, bathroom fans, dehumidifiers and compact and mid-size appliances amongst others. When my second daughter was born
the 70 + hours in the office (not including the late night emails done on my
smart phone) were taking a toll on me mentally and physically. So I have down-sized the company and now I’m spending more time doing what I liked best: talking about the home improvement products that I know, understand
and have sold in the past.